Tuesday 15 March 2011

Numbat Day - as promised

Introducing THE NUMBAT... Myrmecobius fasciatus .....featured here is sub sp. smilicus :)

Thank-you for your patience :)

The inspiration for this particular numbat was from this gorgeous image I found a while back,

it was created by Heather, and used here with her kind permission. You can view Heather's other creations on here blog: Pencil Lines

I have always wished I could sketch and try every now and then for a laugh, but that is definitely not one of my talents, so I draw inspiration for my crafty stuff from the works of others.

But getting back to the numbat...

The Numbat is an endangered Australian Marsupial, and there are reported to be less than 1000 of these beautiful creatures left in the wild.

Their existence is being wiped out due to loss of habitat and from predation by feral animals (predominantly foxes and cats). Their diet consists solely of termites, and their habitat is predominantly eucalyptus forests.

In a short while I hope to have permission to link to a fantastic organisation that is helping the plight of the numbats, so keep an eye out for it to see what you can personally do to make a difference.

The next project in the line of toys will hopefully be another endangered animal because they need every bit of help they can get and it's something close to my heart.

**Update**

The fantastic organisation I mentioned earlier is called Project Numbat and here is the link to their web site:
http://numbat.org.au/



Thanks to Daniel Scarparolo, the Chairman of Project Numbat
for your speedy response and kind permission to link up to Project Numbat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not-for-Profit Group