Thursday 3 March 2011

A bit nuts

Hmmm. I went a bit nuts today and got the crazy idea in my head that I should not be terrified silly about making my own clothes. So I prowled around the Internet this morning and found two skirt "Patterns" that I'm going attempt. Then I went totally off the rails when I went shopping for fabric. I think my fabric shop fetish has overtaken my fetish for stationery...oh wait, no, that's not really fair as they have sewing "stationery" too.
Well anyway, now I have enough fabric and even more crafty things to play with for quite a considerable amount of time and hopefully one of these days I'll actually have a completed project to show for it :)

Current Projects - An update:

1) The Numbat is well underway and coming together nicely ("cringe" I hear my school teachers at the mention of the dreaded word...NICE)
2) The "quilted" blanket (blanket made of squares) for our nephew - got some more super-soft fleece today. If it was winter I would snuggle up inside it and refuse to come out. The afore mentioned SUPER-SOFT fleece is waiting to be washed, before it can join the other already-cut-out bits that are waiting and ready to go.
3) The SKIRTS - recipes jotted down and changed a few ideas, material waiting in the queue to be washed
4)  The Aloe mosaic still awaits me...peeking at me from the corner of my study
5) The tutorial on turning tiny creatures toes is in progress

And now for my final trick...it's a long week-end and so I'm going to have to put the crafty stuff aside for a few days, but I'll be back and rearing to go next week.

Have yourselves a wonderful week-end and play nicely (....cringe again)
A taste of the sunrises that await me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not-for-Profit Group