Monday 14 March 2011

Lights out

So I decided this week-end to join in on Project: Simplify (you can click on the button on the left hand side of my blog to see what that’s all about.) Yes, the challenge has been going for a week, but I only found out about it over the week-end, so this morning I plunged into our walk-in-cupboard and started making some progress.
But before that, I was up at about 2:30am due to a nasty turn of insomnia. So I figured rather than lie there wishing I could be asleep, I’d make myself useful and finish pinning the patches on some work pants and cut out the numbat’s tail, so that it’s all ready to sew at a more reasonable hour when it’s normal to hear sewing machines buzzing.
While I was at it, I cut out the fabric to make a tiny bag, for my purse and phone.
At 6am I made coffee and then climbed back into bed and had a little snooze.
Once up and about, and inside the walk-in-cupboard, I had a bout of sniffing and sneezing...I’m guessing due to the dust in there...oops, good thing I’ve taken the challenge.
I got a bit tired of that and threw a load of washing in the machine and set out to tackle the mending patches on my man’s work pants. It is mind boggling that he can manage to rip his pants the way he does without losing a few limbs! Anyway after pricking my fingers one too many times and having the bobbin monster grab the thread several times, I decided that it was time to tackle something different and I had every intention of sewing the numbat’s tail and stripes so that I could introduce you to the long awaited numbat today, but alas...the globe on my sewing machine decided it had had enough and it blew...



So now I will have to zoot off and get a new globe, as it turns out the spare globe I have been carrying in my sewing kit for all these years, is not for my machine.
If it’s not too late, and things co-operate a little better than they have been, then you may still catch a glimpse of the numbat later today...though I will have to face the cupboard again before the day is out, or we will not have a bed to sleep in as it has clothes strewn all over it at the moment...
Wish me luck!

**OK, I got the new globe and some pretty new fabric (not part of my original intention, but my fetish and a 50% discount got the better of me). Putting the new globe in required some manly strength and a good dose of patience. However when I tried to finish off sewing the patches on one pair of pants I broke a needle and decided to call it a day...I mean really, seriously, enough is enough and I think I need some sleep.

So goodnight dear reader and tomorrow is earmarked as Numbat day I promise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not-for-Profit Group