Friday 18 March 2011

A Blah few days

Since all the excitement from finally revealing the Numbat, I've had a few days of faffing again and haven't achieved much.

I'm still busy trying to tackle Project Simplify's Hot spot #2 of Paper Clutter...my laundry basket is full of papers to sort. My reasoning for using the laundry basket instead of a box was so that I'd have an added reason to actually sort the papers now instead of just putting them in a box and forgetting about them, as I will eventually have to do another load of washing...

I have mended another pair of pants (four down and one to go...), and I thought I'd modify some of the clothing items I removed from my wardrobe to make them wearable again. Firstly I had a vest type shirt, but it was a halter neck style with two tied straps and because I'm me, I love the look of halter necks, but don't like wearing them as I insist they make my neck sore, so I sewed the straps to the back of the top to make a "normal" vest. But then I wanted to make the vest slightly longer, but it only dawned on me after I'd cut and partly sewn the material that it would not work as the material I'd chosen wasn't stretchy and I didn't make an allowance for a zip...ooops! I'm sure I'll find another use for that part sewn material and I have some other stretchy material to use for the top...one day when I'm feeling brave again.

Then I finally managed to sew up the bag I'd cut out in the whee hours of the morning and it's definitely a me bag...It's not perfectly sewn, but it's small and it fits everything I need, and it tucks under my arm perfectly - Yay :)

It is lined and I remembered the batting this time so it holds itself up

A little pocket inside for lip ice, lip gloss, lipstick whatever takes your fancy


Pocket on the front for a phone (two hook and loop patches to close it)


Fits snugly under my arm where it is out of the way
  
And now it's week-end! Time to muster some ideas again for next week.

Have a wonderful week-end.
Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see your next blog. What is it going to be on ? Baking?

    ReplyDelete

Not-for-Profit Group