Thursday 26 May 2011

Knits and Bits

A few weeks ago a friend and I went on a material shop hop, but sadly it wasn't too successful as out of the three stores we went, the two Big ones didn't actually exist. Well they must exist somewhere or must have existed at some stage (just not in the present), but they were not to be found at the addresses we had found on the Internet.

Anyway, on our travels we discovered a reject shop, which we simply had to visit. Most of it was the same as you would find at a red dot/crazy Clark's/2 Dollar shop/Crazy store, but I did came across some super soft chenille yarn just begging to made into something...and here that something is...

A hot water bottle cover

Don't look too closely, as the pattern I used had to be altered a little as I started running out of yarn and I gather that the pattern I had would have been for a permanent cover that couldn't be removed and I didn't fancy that.








However, when I started knitting a while back, I thought I'd better follow the instructions exactly and tried my hand at my fist tension square...well it turned out so well, I figured it should be made into something useful.


So I folded it in half and stitched up the bottom and the side. Then I threaded some ribbon through the top and now my phone has a snug sock.


I must admit that that was my first and so far my only tension square, but imagine what you could make with a whole lot of them.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, you have come a long way from the child I once knew who couldn't knit without continually increasing as you went along. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Not-for-Profit Group