Tuesday 17 May 2011

Short but sweet

For a change, I felt I needed to make something quick and easy. So here are a couple of my new felt crafty thingummies. Apart from the cutting out (which is a bit fiddly), they are so quick and easy to make.



The ideas are endless...gift tags, Christmas decorations, create a hanging mobile or a little toy.

The star is machine stitched around the edge, with a loop of ribbon inserted for hanging, and leaving a tiny gap along on of the straighter edges to insert the stuffing. The star was then stuffed and the gap stitched closed (by machine or hand). Then I added some rough embroidered lettering.


Next I made some little critters...

A Frog

And...

My favourite...A platypus

Now I need to go buy some more felt in different colours as there is much crafting to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not-for-Profit Group