Monday 4 April 2011

The blah is lingering...but not for long

Hello! I'm back.

The blah caught hold of me and although it has taken a while, I think it's safe to say that it has not defeated me :)

My craftiness was side tracked slightly by a new "work" from home venture, but now that that is in swing, I can get back to spending more time crafting.

So today's quick start project is this little mosaic floower coaster...it will be stuck today and grouted tomorrow if all goes well.


The next creature is on the way...so watch this space


And to update you on the plantings from a few weeks ago...

The tomatoes are growing!!


As are the red peppers/capsicums, spring onions and Swan River Daisies (yes the seeds were still viable). The Rosemary on the other hand is remaining elusive (maybe it's just a slow starter), and so is the coriander (but I don't hold much hope for the coriander I'm afraid, as it's one of those plants I just cannot seem to grow...I was given two seedlings about two weeks ago and within a week I'd killed them...oops)

Anyone know the trick to growing coriander? All tips and "how to's" would be welcome and much appreciated.

Enjoy the rest of your day :)

3 comments:

  1. Sooo, what happened to the aloe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to Grow Coriander

    Coriander is an annual that grows to a height of 2 to 3 feet. The stem is finely grooved and shiny. Leaves are finely divided in upper leaf and roundish and lobed in lower leaf. Depending on time of sowing, it flowers in either early spring or mid to late summer. Coriander likes a rich, light, well drained soil with a pH balance of 6.6. It does best in full sun, but grows well in partial shade.

    It is best grown from seed. Sow in spring after all danger of frost in furrows 1/2 inch deep and rows 5 to 9 inches apart. The seed can be planted in the fall, and is very slow to germinate. Keep seedlings well weeded until established. Don't over fertilize - too much nitrogen produces seed that are less flavorful.

    Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/stry/coriander#ixzz1I8OL3LxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anonymouses.
    The Aloe is a work in progress...soon to be revealed, just takes a little patience waiting for layers to dry :)

    ReplyDelete

Not-for-Profit Group