Thursday 24 February 2011

Something new...

This is to save my facebook friends and family from being bombarded by my playing.

So now anyone that is interested can follow this blog to see what crafty stuff I've been up to. All ideas and questions are welcome...

I'm mostly self taught so I'm sure some of you will know quicker and easier ways of doing things so you'll have to forgive my ignorance and please feel free to give your input and advise.

Current projects:

Recently I've been learning to knit again...I did learn how to at school, but wasn't really interested then and my wonderful mom ended up having to finish knitting my scarf for me.
OK, I was a bit ambitious and wanted to knit a Numbat (it's an endangered Australian marsupial)...I've since changed my plan and he will be part knitted, part sewn. Watch this space...

I'm also busy making my first ever mosaic of an Aloe, but now that I've created the aloe, I'm too scared to start working on the background in case I mess it up...but I will in time persevere and  show you the end result.

My brother-in-law's family has recently increased by one and I hope to make a baby quilt for the new little person. I'm busy working on the design and have some beautifully soft fleece material to use.

I've just finished making a new bag and it has turned out pretty well - photo's to follow shortly.

Guess that's all for now.
Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. So, get the mosaic finished, the start was a beaut!

    ReplyDelete

Not-for-Profit Group