Friday 25 February 2011

Bag Deja'vu

Deja'vu
This morning I was browsing through a few craft blogs and suddenly realised that I had been on one of the blogs before, about 3 years ago and it turned out to be the blog that inspired me to make my first bag...
If you are wanting to make a bag - have a peek at this http://vintagericrac.blogspot.com/2008/01/1-hour-bag-tutorial.html it is brilliant!

Here is a quick run down of my bags from past to present...

My first Bag - made in quite a rush the day before we went on holiday...

The inside pocket - complete with zip and all

Pretty bits and bobs
I didn't have any batting/wadding stuff so it's just material and as a result a bit flopsy. The strap sadly was not connected properly and the fluffy bits stick out - and some day I'll have to fix them.

After this, followed a bag made from denim (an old pair of jeans)  - it found a home with my marmy (who was kind enough to send a photie of it>

This one has a zip to close the main compartment and a flap over it with a pocket

Then I made a bag for a friend - she wanted a green one so that's what she got...it's VERY GREEN, but I must admit I liked it.



It has an outer pocket with a flap
and an inner pocket
and some big glass beads to finish it off














Next followed a Pink bag for a friend crazy about pink, but apart from the lettering on the front, it sadly didn't turn out too well
 





 My next two projects - which included the completion of a third one (a quilt though not a bag) were for Christmas presents and turned out pretty well.


The fish bag - I found this gorgeous material when wandering round a fabric store and just had to have it, I didn't even know what I was going to do with it at the time...


The fishy - my first attempt at applique...


The flower bag made from one flower child to another



















I found the pretty beaded lace by chance too and simply added it to the thicker black strap to finish it off.






And then finally came my bag which you may already have seen in yesterday's blog...

  

Ta Da!
And there you have it - another day, another bag :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not-for-Profit Group